“And the LORD spake unto Moses in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye are passed over Jordan into the land of Canaan. Then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places”. – Numbers 33:50-52
God still speaks and He is still speaking to us as believers, chosen heritage, His precious possession.
What really did He say to the Israelite’s? “Drive out all the inhabitants(spiritual and physical) of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places”. (emphasis mine)
Why would a wonderful God tell His people to eliminate everyone in the land, a land that rightfully belongs them and all the idols worshiped there?
- God is speaking to us now.
- What message has God given you for this generation? Are you preaching the message or keeping it to yourself? We are called as believers to shine as light in dark places, being silent wasn’t part of the assignment.
- When ye: This indicates there will be a moment where we will need to take with spiritual violence what truly belongs to us.
- “Jordan” here signifies a lot to us; her and crossing Jordan for the Israelite’s wasn’t by their strength or creativity rather by Gods own power and direction. if there is anything you are going to cross into depend on God, walk with Him; like Paul on his way to Rome, he advised the sailors but they depended on their skills and qualifications. They would have died if Paul wasn’t with them.
- Destroy anything that is contending or occupying your place in life, occupying your position, occupying the place God has determined for us to live and rule. God has made us His children now! Are there things that we need to personally destroy in our hearts, environment, things occupying the realms of the spirit in the territory where we live? Are there things challenging our occupancy as rulers on earth?
- God didn’t advice or suggest, He commanded. Meaning, they had the power to do what He said. Right now, who says you can’t have dominion? Such is contrary to Gods word. Who says you can’t function as Jesus did here and now? Didn’t He say “greater things than these shall yeah do because He goes to the father”?
- In the command is an assurance of spiritual backing. No man confronts any enemy without having support behind him. What you carry determines who you can confront and what you can conquer. It determines who submits to you. Is God with you in your journey through life? Is He with you in business, school, office or in your home? What are you confronting that has refused to submit? Bring it before God!
To be continued in the next edition.